Monday, June 27, 2005

The First Post

I've been making comments on my personal site, focalplane.com for quite a while. Unfortunately this site doesn't have weblog capabilities so I never get into a discussion. So I am going to copy all the global warming features from focalplane (maintaining their original dates) and reserve that site for travel and photography (which is why it exists).

I am a scientist with a Ph.D. in Geology. I am convinced that global warming exists because global temperatures are known to have changed (up and down) throughout geological history. I am not, however, convinced that the present evidence for global warming is accurate and I am certainly not convinced that global warming is a man made phenomenon.

Unfortunately, many climate scientists have created a funding bandwagon and for some strange reason many of the world's politicians have found global warming to be an interesting problem for them to solve. Perhaps it's because they can't solve global warming that they have decided to tackle it head on anyway. Far better that than actually doing something useful!

Well, enough already. Let the party begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home